Ductwork Basics for Commercial HVAC in Kansas City
The air ducts in any business are important components of your heating and air conditioning systems. The ductwork allows for the flow of air to various areas of your building. Of course it is important to have a working furnace, boiler or heat pump system, but without proper ductwork in place your heating and air conditioning system would be wasting energy. There are a couple different types of ductwork to choose from for commercial HVAC in Kansas City:
- Flexible Ductwork – This kind of ductwork can bend as it is made with a plastic wire coil covering and is surrounded with insulation. There are specific instructions to getting flexible ductwork installed in your building, so reach out to a commercial HVAC Kansas City technician to help you out. Flexible ductwork is easy for technicians to install and if you need repairs, it should not cost you as much compared to rigid ductwork.
- Rigid Ductwork – Its description is in its name: rigid. There are a few types of materials and sizes that can either be cylindrical or rectangular, but no matter what this kind of ductwork lasts almost forever and is reliable. Sheet metal ducts, fiberglass lined ducts and fiberboard ducts are the different types of rigid ductwork for commercial HVAC ductwork.
Depending on the type of commercial HVAC in Kansas City that you choose from, you will need either flexible ductwork or rigid ductwork.
Ductwork Maintenance for Commercial HVAC in Kansas City
Ducts are not something you install then forget about. Proper and ongoing maintenance is important to keep the efficiency of your commercial HVAC in Kansas City working well. The most important and basic ductwork maintenance you can perform is cleaning. Commercial HVAC specialists perform duct cleaning every three to seven years (depending on your duct system). Clean ducts will make your system perform more efficiently, saving you money, and will improve the air quality on your property which has numerous benefits.
When to Call an HVAC Technician for Duct Improvements or Repairs
There are three ways to tell if a ductwork system is not working properly:
- You cannot feel air coming out of the air vents.
- Your electricity bill is excessively and unexplainably high.
- Certain rooms are either difficult to heat up or cool down.
When any of those problems are happening, it usually due to a leak in the ductwork, faulty installation or previous repair on the ductwork, dirt and dust has built up and is preventing clean air to pass through effectively, or there is a twisting of the ductwork. When this happens, a HVAC company who performs fabrication in-house can help you find the source of your duct problem and will be able to make repairs in house. A professional company who specialize in on-site fabrication will give your business back the best quality of air it has had.